Olive Pick n Press
Pick Olives from Thursday 27 April to Sunday 30 April, Pressing on Monday 1 May
We are running the olive oil pick n press again this year!
How it works:
- You must be a North Freo Social Farm Member (If you are not a member register and pay your membership here)
- Book your place pay your $20 deposit (non refundable). Booking is essential as we've only booked a certain amount to be pressed.
- Pick your olives between Thursday 27 April to Sunday 30 April. Please pick between 30 and 100kgs.
- On the Sunday arvo you drop olives off to us at the Farm and we deliver the olives to York to be pressed on Monday.
- You pay for your proportion of olives/oil and we will decant your oil ready for pick up.
Things to know:
- Olive oil return is generally around 10-15% (10kg of olives = 1 to 1.5L olive oil)
- Small dark olives provide the most oil, but you can pick any colour, any size olives
- There are loads of neighbourhood trees that go unpicked, so ask around.
- There are many different methods of picking - but some simple tools such as an olive rake and a tarp or sheet can be very handy!
When: Pick - Thursday 27 April to Sunday 30 April, Pressing - Monday 1 May
Where: Find your own olive trees, drop olives to North Freo Social Farm 3pm to 5pm, Sunday 30 April
Who: Members only. New Social Members welcome! Register here.
Cost: You only pay for your portion of olive oil but we ask for a $20 booking deposit (non refundable). The deposit will come off your total cost of the oil once we have worked out your portion due.
More info: Contact Jenny at email@example.com